Old October 31st 07, 11:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default "Bus [Saver] ticket scammer escapes jail"

On 1 Nov, 00:29, Ernst S Blofeld
wrote:
Mizter T wrote:
I guess that one way to counter this fraud would be for TfL to threaten
to expel shops from the Ticket Stop scheme should they be caught selling
forged Saver
tickets, which is such an obvious suggestion I wouldn't be surprised
if they've already done just that.

I would have though the obvious suggestion would have been to apply the
full weight of the law and send everyone involved in the scheme to
prison. In these perverse, pseudo-liberal times however, punishing
criminal acts is frowned upon and fraud is 'victimless', so why bother?
Just give them 100 hours community service and let them enjoy the
proceeds of their criminal undertakings. They obviously earned it.

ESB

My suggestion was more about how TfL could attempt to prevent such
frauds flourishing in the first place.

The article makes no mention of anyone else who was involved in this
fraud having got caught. Maybe others have got caught, in which case
I'd expect to hear more on this story in the future as cases come to
court. Then again maybe no-one else has been nabbed - a possibility if
it was a 'professional' operation, with distance between the 'foot
soldiers' such as this guy and the 'masterminds'.