Old November 1st 07, 03:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] unrealpolitik@gmail.com is offline

Default Bus route 59 extended to link Waterloo and Kings X / St. Pancras

On Nov 1, 4:37 pm, Mizter T wrote:
On 1 Nov, 16:02, wrote:

On Nov 1, 2:57 pm, Mizter T wrote:

[Cross-posted to uk.transport.london and uk.railway]

Voila - the much requested bus link between Waterloo and St. Pancras
materialises in time for Eurostar's move. Though I bet the majority of
passengers using the 59 from Kings Cross down the Euston Road won't
have anything to do with Eurostar at all!

I'm curious as to how the bus will serve Euston bus station in the
(broadly) southbound direction, as the press release states. I guess
the bus will turn right off the Euston Road into Euston bus station,
before turning right onto Eversholt Street and then crossing Euston
Road to Upper Woburn Place and continuing down as normal.

Same as the 91, I assume - I _think_ that's what it does, but I try to
avoid buses via Euston for exactly that reason.

Jonn

Yes, you're quite right, the 91 already does just that (and I've
probably taken it through Euston at some point too!)- it was stupid of
me not to have checked the bus spider map to see whether anything of
the sort already happens.

Euston bus spider map:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/
euston-2087.pdf

One thing I noticed about that map, for no reason other than that it's
my neck of the woods: King's Cross Thameslink bus stop has been
renamed Pentonville Road/King's Cross Road, presumably because this is
after the Thameslink moves to St Pancras.

Jonn