Old November 1st 07, 07:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default DLR train makes a bit for freedom

On 1 Nov, 16:19, Boltar wrote:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11...s_staff_on_pla...

Blimey!

I guess the Passenger Service Agent (PSA) leant in and hit the doors
close button whilst still standing on the platform. That's quite a
muck up to make though, and actually sounds like quite a difficult
thing to achieve!

Whilst most unlikely, if there had been a problem on the track
somewhere before the next station, or some other kind of problem, then
the lack of a PSA could have led to a bigger issue than just a delay.

That said, automatically driven unstaffed metro do exist elsewhere
without problems (something I learnt only recently from other utl
posters, proving again how little I know!).

Wonder if any of the Central line drivers might like to try doing
this?!

P.S. I've just followed The Register's link to the Londonist blog,
which was where this story originated from. To read about it from the
horses mouth go he
http://londonist.com/2007/10/runaway_dlr.php