Old November 1st 07, 09:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default DLR train makes a bit for freedom

On 2007-11-01, Mizter T wrote:

On 1 Nov, 16:19, Boltar wrote:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11...s_staff_on_pla...

Blimey!

I guess the Passenger Service Agent (PSA) leant in and hit the doors
close button whilst still standing on the platform. That's quite a
muck up to make though, and actually sounds like quite a difficult
thing to achieve!

I think that pulling the PSA key out has the same effect, and would be
easier to do - both physically and as a likely result of momemtary
absent-mindedness.

Ah, that makes a bit of sense. I don't think the PSA is required to
release the doors though, so the passengers wouldn't be locked in at
the next station.

That said, automatically driven unstaffed metro do exist elsewhere
without problems (something I learnt only recently from other utl
posters, proving again how little I know!).

Lille would be the nearest one, I think.

Lille is totally closed in with JLE style platform edge doors (the
first place I remember seeing such things), so there isn't the same
risk of someone being dragged under the train etc. Maybe some risk,
but a bit less.