Old November 1st 07, 11:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Tube fares - time of entry and exit

On 1 Nov, 22:49, Tim Woodall wrote:
On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 09:21:42 -0700,
Keith Raeburn wrote: ?

Anyone know what the cycle parking is like at Watford?

Tim.

There's a small-ish cycle rack directly outside the entrance, or you
could chain your bike to the fence which separates the forecourt from
the access road to the (now tiny) car park. Don't know where you're
coming from around that area, but Croxley also has a small bike rack
situated behind the barrier line, which may be a little more secure as
it's next to the ticket office/has CCTV.

I'm taking the fixer tomorrow. a. it's really not worth that much, b.
I'd be surprised if it "caught the eye" of a thief, and c. I wouldn't be
that surprised if a thief couldn't actually ride it. (I've heard stories
of people who've left a fixer unlocked outside a shop when they pop in
and come out just in time to see a thief about 10 yards down the road
fall off as soon as they try to coast :-). Not that I intend to leave it
unlocked)

Ooh, I must admit I'm quite attached to boring old orthodox freewheels
- I like going down hills fast too much to keep up with the pedals on
a fixed wheel bike!