Old November 5th 07, 04:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default London Assembly report on Match Day Travel to Spurs etc.

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
. li...
On Mon, 5 Nov 2007, Mwmbwls quoted:

A Transport for London spokesman said: "London Underground (LU) has
examined the possibility of extending the Victoria line to Northumberland
Park, and this has proved not to be a viable option. The only viable
location for a station at Northumberland Park is to the east of the WAGN
tracks, which would mean that either large crowds would be using the
level crossing or existing narrow footbridge, or that a new footbridge
would have to be constructed at great expense.

How great an expense could a new footbridge possibly be? Are TfL assuming
they'd be paying for it? How much dough could be extracted from Spurs? If
it meant they could stay where they were rather than moving to a whole new
site, surely they'd be willing to pay quite a bit for it?

I have no idea why Spurs want to move, but I would
doubt that 'insufficient transport links' is the reason.

tim