Old November 5th 07, 05:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default London Assembly report on Match Day Travel to Spurs etc.

In message , James Farrar
writes

On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 17:51:26 -0000, "tim....."
wrote:

I have no idea why Spurs want to move, but I would
doubt that 'insufficient transport links' is the reason.

I suspect that the capacity being only 36k would be the reason.

Well, there's an 80,000-seater stadium going begging in 2012 ... but, of
course, the planned reduction in size of the Olympic stadium after the
games means it will then be too small for either Spurs or West Ham. I
wonder why they didn't design it so that, when reduced in size, it was
actually suitable for a premier-league club looking for a new ground?
--
Paul Terry