Old November 6th 07, 08:29 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
PhilD PhilD is offline

Default "Queen to open St Pancras station" today

On 6 Nov, 08:57, Mizter T wrote:
One is that the Midland mainline platforms are OHLE wired. I guess
this is very old news but I hadn't realised that would be the case. Is
this provision for Thameslink trains, just in case they need to
terminate here rather than travel on through the low-level platforms
and then through central London?

Yes, FCC (as it is now) has access rights to St Pancras station,
normally only used when the tunnels are shut.

PhilD