Old November 6th 07, 01:17 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Crossrail is already here!

On Nov 6, 2:00 pm, Ken wrote:
On 6 Nov, 10:20, alanG wrote:

Clive D. W. Feather scribbled with quill and ink on parchment: I've just received an email telling me:

The RAIB is carrying out an investigation into an incident when a
road rail engineering machine ran away from Brentford to Romford on
4 November 2007.

Obviously it must have taken Crossrail, since going round the NLL would
involve climbing uphill.

So they mean Romwood, not Romford then?

--
alan Ghttp://alangcds.netsoundsmusic.com/

for my website for selling my private collection of records - vinyl and
cds, plus VHS videos . These are mainly action, scifi and horror.

Keep checking back at netsoundsmusic.com as I am uploading new stock for
sale regularly.

Details hehttp://www.raib.gov.uk/publications/...ons_register/0...
[Brentwood & Romford named correctly!]

Doesn't make sense to me. How can it run away when placed on the
track? Was it in gear and if so
didn't anyone notice any of the wheels turning? If it was purely by
gravity what sort of gradiant is on
that stretch of line that it moved off so fast someone couldnt' jump
into the cab?

"The operator of the machine jumped from it at Gidea Park"

Why didn't he put the brakes on?? Presumably they were working or it
wouldn't have been able to drive there
by road in the first place.

B2003