Old November 7th 07, 02:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default London Overground from 11 Nov 2007

"Arthur Figgis" wrote in message
umpston wrote:
On Nov 6, 5:53 pm, "Peter Masson" wrote:

It occurs to me that the 'Overground' network branding would make more
sense if it consisted of all non-LUL lines where Oyster PAYG is
accepted. This would be much easier for visitors to London (and
residents for that matter) to understand.

3-4 years ago a London "Overground Network" was launched with a few photos
in the local papers and some shiney but largely pointless branded signage
at National Rail stations. It is lucky it was so underwhelming and soon
fizzled out, else it would add to the confusion. I've a feeling there are
still some ON signs around, which won't help.

There are plenty of old type 'on' overground network signs about in South
London. Another thread in uk.t.l proposed that TfL don't see them as their
problem, but its for the TOCs affected to put right - I think it will
definitely add to the confusion as soon as Sunday, when Ken announces with a
great fanfare that PAYG is now available on the 'Overground' - the new one
that is, not the previous one, or the 'colloquial' anything other than LU'
one...

Paul