Old November 7th 07, 06:14 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
No Name

Default "Queen to open St Pancras station" today

All the events and run up to the opening of St. Pancras International brings
up one question in my mind: What will happen with the old Waterloo
International and all the equipment there?

"Paul Scott" wrote in message

"John Rowland" wrote in message

I presume we won't be allowed into most of St Pancras when the Eurostars
start running, but are we allowed to explore it now?

I don't think access will be as limited as you might imagine after next
Wednesday. Only the arrival and departure areas/lounges for Eurostar will
be off limits, where security and passport control takes place, but they
are in the undercroft level. There will be pretty good access otherwise,
at both undercroft level for the shops, and the route from the underground
Western ticket hall, past the Eurostar sales office to the domestic
concourse, and from the front of the station, at platform level, through
the old taxi access, across and up the west side all the way to the MML
platforms.

If you were to have visited a few days ago, you wouldn't have got down the
length of the main shed, but only because shopfitting etc was still going
on, I'm not sure if any more has opened since the Queen's visit last
night, but as major stations go I believe access will be quite good...

A few months ago I had no problem walking to the end of one of the vacant
MML platforms for a look round, however they normally man their barriers
if there is a train there.

Paul