Old November 8th 07, 11:35 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default "Queen to open St Pancras station" today

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Thu, 8 Nov 2007, John Rowland wrote:

Pyromancer wrote:
Upon the miasma of midnight, a darkling spirit identified as John
Rowland gently breathed:

That is a terrible reason to make a road one-way. Suppose that you
lived at the north end of Judd Street and visited your girlfriend
in Chalton Street regularly - would you still think that the above
constituted a good reason to make Judd Street s/b only?

But should you be using a motor vehicle for such a short trip
anyway?

That depends on the time of day, how much stuff you have to bring,
whether you've got 4000 pounds in your pocket, whether you're a
national hate figure etc. Or maybe you're delivery man who has to
make deliveries at Judd St and Chalton Street.

We should get a count of the number of such people, and of the number
of people coming south out of Midland Road and wanting to turn right,
so that we can do a cost-benefit analysis.

So we should ban every possible human action unless enough voters want to do
it? Are you a New Labour cabinet member by any chance?