Old November 9th 07, 07:29 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mwmbwls Mwmbwls is offline

Default After the Ball is over - Waterloo International

On Nov 8, 8:03 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
"Neil Williams" wrote in message

On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 03:50:09 -0800, MIG
wrote:

Incidentally, I note an interim stage in plans for Waterloo to be
increasing platform lengths to 10. With most trains in units of 4,
this isn't going to make much difference.

If it is 10 23m coach-lengths, that'd fit a double IC Desiro, surely?

For some reason though platform lengths are normally described in terms of
20m car lengths, so a 10.444 needs a '12 car platform'...

This has overtones of the story of the space exploration vehicle lost
because one manufacturer was callibrating in Imperial Measures and
another in metric. Canadian aircraft have run out of jet fuel in mid
Atlantic for the same reason. I do hope that this is checked before we
have another Shepherd's Bush platform snafu.