Old November 9th 07, 04:19 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Masson Peter Masson is offline

Default "Queen to open St Pancras station" today

"Pyromancer" wrote

The no-entry sign applies to all vehicles, while the "low flying bikes"
one can be plated to modify its meaning. The DfT discourages plating
the "no entry" sign as that tends to lead to abuse,

I suspect that 'No Entry (except buses)' would suffer less abuse (though not
zero) than 'No Motor Vehicles (except buses)'

I am not sure how it is signed currently, but at one time Tyburn Way at
Marble Arch was signed 'No Entry' at the north end, and 'No Entry (except
buses on route 500)' at the south end .

Peter