Old November 11th 07, 07:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] rob499@hotmail.com is offline

Default After the Ball is over - Waterloo International

On 11 Nov, 15:06, rail wrote:
In message .com
wrote:

On 11 Nov, 00:32, rail wrote:
In message . com
wrote:

On 10 Nov, 13:01, rail wrote:
In message
wrote:

Would it be feasible to retain at least some sort of international
service from Waterloo, even if it would be short hops across the
Channel to Lille or Brussels?

No, once the service starts from St Pancras there will be no stock
capable of using third rail cleared for CT use.

This is putting the cart before the horse.

The only reason why it's becoming possible to remove the shoegear from
the Eurostars is because a decision has been taken to run all
international services from St Pancras. If the decision had been to
run two terminals, with Waterloo keeping some of the traffic, then the
trains would have kept the shoegear.

It wasn't the decision to remove the shoegear that led to the closure
of Waterloo International !

That wasn't the question if you bothered to read it.

--
Graeme Wall
This address is not read, substitute trains for rail.

Er, I did read it. And I've read it again, several times.

Try understanding it next time.

The question asked if it would be possible to retain (not reintroduce)
at least some services from Waterloo International to international
destinations.

You answered that no, there won't be any third rail-capable stock
cleared for the Channel Tunnel available.

My point is that there won't be any third-rail capable stock available
*because* the decision has been taken to abandon Waterloo. If Eurostar
had decided to retain a presence at Waterloo, then the Eurostar trains
wouldn't be losing their third-rail capability. Your answer says that
the decision not to run Waterloo/Lille (for example) is driven by the
rolling stock capability, whereas the rolling stock capability is
actually being driven by the decision not to use Waterloo anymore.

Come back when you understand both question and answer.

--
Graeme Wall
This address is not read, substitute trains for rail.
Transport Miscellany at http://www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail/index.html- Hide quoted text -

I've had the decency to justify my understanding of both question and
answer. Are you gentleman enough to explain your understanding of the
question and answer?

Rob