Old November 12th 07, 09:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected][_2_] google@woodall.me.uk[_2_] is offline

Default Vital clue in the Watford Jn Oyster PAYG fares mystery...

On Nov 12, 9:52 am, "
wrote:
On Nov 11, 5:25 pm, Mizter T wrote:

One big question mark over Oyster PAYG acceptance on London Overground
has been how fares north of Hatch End - i.e. outside the 6 London
zones - will be handled.

One incredibly obvious place to look, which I've only just thought of
(d'oh!), is of course the TfL "Single fare finder" he
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/tickets/faresandtickets/2007/farefinder/

My playing around suggests that Carpenders Park is in Zone B, Bushey
and Watford High Street are in Zone C and Watford Junction is in Zone
D.

With that zoning I'd expect[1] that the WJ-Euston fast train could be
pulled into the PAYG system without significantly affecting the
revenue generated. My season ticket renewal is 2164 which is the
equivalent of 197 days return journey between 7am and 7pm which much
be the majority of the season ticket uses. There will be a reduction
for PAYG people travelling before 7am or after 7pm but an increase for
PAYG people travelling after 9.30am.

I'd forgotten that most people probably have an all zones travel card.
2464GBP so the equivalent of 226 WJ-Z1 journeys. (I'm assuming that
if you touch out at Euston Mainline and then back in at Euston
Underground that will not form part of a new journey. (Anybody who
already does this journey from H&W will be able to confirm this)

Tim.