Old November 12th 07, 10:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Vital clue in the Watford Jn Oyster PAYG fares mystery...

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Nov 12, 10:44 am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

The new ATOC/NR Oyster PAYG leaflet (paper version available at LU & Tube
stations) also shows Watford Junction down to Clapham Junction as being
available for PAYG, apparently platform notices confirm this .

I asked at the (silverlink) Euston ticket office on Thursday evening
and I was told that PAYG would not be valid to WJ on the Midland
trains.

Having said that, getting the information from the horses mouth so to
speak isn't reliable.

I wanted to know whether I could use my WJ-London Terminals to
Clapham Junction.

Thats an entirely different subject really, more suited to a routing guide
question, assuming you're talking about a NR point to point season.

Clapham Junction isn't a London Terminal for such purposes, I think its
previously been suggested that routes towards London are only valid to the
'appropriate' London Terminal, so you can't say you are going to Waterloo or
Victoria and get off early either...

Paul S