Old November 12th 07, 07:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael Hoffman Michael Hoffman is offline

Default TfL Wreath at the Service of Remembrance

Mizter T wrote:

I'm minded to agree, though I can also see that the new organisation
could perhaps have taken on the name 'London Transport'. But you're
absolutely right to say that TfL is about so much more than LT was -
and LT certainly had something of a parochial attitude.

Incidentally before anyone blames this all on Mr Livingstone I don't
think the 'Transport for London' name had anything to do with him - it
was a decision made before the first Mayoral election, presumably by
the GLA civil service implementation team (or whatever they were
called), and thus presumably approved by the then Minister for London.

And until LUL became part of TfL, didn't London Regional Transport still
exist?
--
Michael Hoffman