Old November 13th 07, 12:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Reg M Reg M is offline

Default TfL Wreath at the Service of Remembrance

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:29:29 -0000, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message
Looking at a recording of today's Service of Remembrance at the Cenotaph,
it appeared to me that the wreath laid on behalf of Transport for London
wasn't in the "Roundel" shape I seem to recall it being in previous years.

Was I correct in my observations and - if so - does anyone know the reason
for the change?

I always thought it an especially appropriate and moving shape for a such
a tribute.

Surely the wreath represents London Buses, not TfL?

Paul

I recall Paul that the right for LT to march past the Cenotaph and lay
a wreath was because of the bus drivers who had gone to France in the
course of the First World War to drive London buses, the B types, as
troop transports.
Reg