Old November 14th 07, 05:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Travel/Ticket Query: Brighton to Angel return Sun 18th Nov.

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007, David A Stocks wrote:

I feel that the ideal route would be FCC to Kings Cross then Northern line
to Angel, but the Gold Card isn't valid north of Blackfriars, and there
isn't a sensible way of validating the Oyster card for travel between there
and Angel. The option of picking up the Northern Line at London Bridge
doesn't work because engineering works mean FCC aren't going that way. Is
there a paper ticket (effectively a zone 1 return) I can buy before getting
on the train at Brighton to cover the Blackfriars-Angel bit,

I'd probably get off at Blackfriars, then go to Angel via the Circle and
Northern lines and Bank/Monument. Not very clever, but straightforward!

or would I be better off doing something else like travelling via
Victoria,

The train to Victoria takes 10 minutes longer than that to Blackfriars
(comparing the 1100 and 1116 trains, anyway), so that seems a retrograde
move.

or taking a bus from Blackfriars?

Good lord no.

Someone suggested buying a Z12 travelcard in Brighton, and then taking
your route. If you can get that ticket in Brighton, that's absolutely the
right thing to do.

You aren't getting a stop at Elephant & Castle in lieu of London Bridge,
are you? That would be an alternative place to change, and one where you
could touch on in the way. Not quite as quick as via King's Cross,
probably.

tom

--
The literature, especially in recent years, has come to resemble `The
Blob', growing and consuming everything in its path, and Steve McQueen