Old November 14th 07, 10:08 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
tim \(not at home\) tim \(not at home\) is offline

Default Dead end

"David Morgan" wrote in
message ...

"John Rowland" wrote in message

I found a road today (Knapp Road E3) with a standard T-shaped "No Through
Road" sign, and underneath were the words "Except Access". Every time I
try to figure out what that might mean, my head turns into a Moebius
strip.

Don't know the road myself - is it physically possible to drive in one end
and out of the other? Perhaps it means that you are only permitted to do
this if making a delivery or visiting a resident.

I know of some roads like this.

IIRC they aren't posted as a normal no through roads, but have signs that
make the exact rule clear.

Difficult to enforce though.

They just sit a plod at each end when they have nothing better to do.

tim