Old November 15th 07, 12:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] unrealpolitik@gmail.com is offline

Default Oxford Street trams - again - again

On Nov 15, 1:20 pm, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote:
On Thu, 15 Nov 2007, John Rowland wrote:

Mwmbwls wrote:

Ken Livingstone, the Mayor of London, plans to replicate Paris
Plage, the beach created on a highway alongside the Seine each
August, on the four-lane Victoria Embankment beside the Thames.

Since London's South Bank is already pedestrianised, I can't see the
point of pedestrianising the north as well.

Since London's South Bank is already pedestrianised and rather nice,
i can well see the point of pedestrianising the north as well.

I've never heard the South Bank called "nice" before... but I haven't used
it in a while. Is it full up then?

It's been quite a decent place to go for a while. There's always stuff
going on between Tower Bridge and County Hall, particularly in summer.
And the Royal Festival Hall redevelopment has done wonders for one of
the area's most unsightly buildings.

Jonn