Old November 15th 07, 08:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london, uk.telecom, uk.railway
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default London Underground Ventilation Shafts

On Nov 15, 12:49 pm, Adrian wrote:

If I had to take a guess, I would say that, for some countries,
telephone area codes will dissappear with a few decades.

To a certain extent NTL (or rather whoever they call themsevles this
week ex NTL) already works like that - its actual exchanges are not
necessariliy physically located in the ''area codes'' that they serve.
It was a bit of minefield to understand sometimes - one of the
franchise areas I ran tech support when it was called NTL was straight
forward but the other was complex - it was possible for a residential
service to have two lines from the same exchange but with different
''area codes''.

--
Nick