Old November 5th 03, 09:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
dj152 dj152 is offline

Default mind the gap..

From what I can see of the aerial photo on Multimap, it looks like a
straight platform. Perhaps dj152 could explain how this happened?

Well it was my fault I guess. Basically I got to the station and saw a train
pulling up on the other side. I felt ambitious; put my travelcard card through
and sprinted along the platform, up over the bridge and down onto the other
platform.. as i ran toward the doors they closed... realising my defeat i tried
to stop myself.. (the rest i can't rmemeber greatly as it all happened so
quick)...

but I THINK as I was running I tried to stop myself by placing my left leg out
in front of me.. but rather than it landing on the platform it landed on the
space between the train and platform! So then I disappeared hehe.. with my leg
down their my right knee smashed into the floor (ouch) and I held myself up
with my left hand on the train!. As I caught my breath and got ready to haul
myself out he started pulling away. Pretty terrifying but I climbed out. No
tragedy...

On reflection, it's all my fault. hehe. Not much to tell the manager about..

Dan

~leave what you've lost, leave what's grown old.... on thunder road...~

http://www.daylightfading.co.uk/chat.html
A place to discuss movies, music and life.
(Busiest in the evenings)