Old November 15th 07, 11:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london, uk.railway
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default OT - for the attn of Google Groups users

This is a very off-topic public service announcement for any Google
Groups users, in particular those who post using GG but also those
wishing to delve into the usenet archives.

The UK 'version' of GG accessed via the URL http://
groups.google.co.uk is currently playing up - I think it's a
Javascript problem, which basically completely hobbles many functions
such as tree view (expanding and collapsing posts isn't possible) and
accessing the "More options" display for individual posts (which is
broken in both tree view or the inadequate 'Standard view').

However the solution is simple - use the 'main' version of GG accessed
via this URL http://groups.google.com which apart from the different
URL is functionally exactly the same, except it works!

Of course by the time you read this the problem will have been
rectified, but it was driving me mad until I worked out the work-
around so I though I'd let any fellow sufferers know.

And yes, before anyone says it, I know I'm a village idiot simpleton
for using Google Groups rather than a proper newsreader but quite
frankly the first thing to come to mind when I hear the word
"newsreader" is one of those cerebral folk who read those newspapers
with words in them rather than pictures of birds with their tits out,
so given that I'm confused already I'll stick with what I know coz it
works (sometimes).