Old November 16th 07, 12:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Walthamstow Central

In message
of
Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:02:57 in uk.transport.london, Mizter T
writes
Paul Corfield wrote:

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:47:41 +0000, Walter Briscoe
wrote:

What is planned?
Recently, I found no ticket selling facilities near the gate line weird.
It cries out for a pedestrian tunnel between rail and bus stations.

A tunnel between the bus and tube station!

That sounds good. I was hoping you were going to point to a URL.
I just failed to find anything useful when I searched at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/contact/default.aspx for walthamstow tunnel bus

An enlarged LU ticket office where the old assistance office was. There
are several (3?) LU ticket machines as part of the enlarged office.

Glad to hear that this is all coming along. The 'one' ticket office
always seems somewhat deluged. Did LU run out of money to build a
proper ticket office in the first place, or were the passenger
estimates low enough to think they could get away with directing
everyone to the BR ticket office?

Liverpool Street and Chingford PAYG connections can be pseudo-validated
as there are Oyster readers on the rail platforms.

Not sure what you mean by pseudo validated. The validators on the
Liverpool St platform are really only for recording entry as you can
only proceed to Liverpool St / Tott Hale / Seven Sisters on the "one"
service from there. PAYG is NOT valid intermediately between Walthamstow
and Liverpool St or to stations north to Chingford.

A PAYG Oyster holder who touches in at Liverpool Street mainline station
and out on the platform at Walthamstow Central would be travelling
outside the rules on continuing to Chingford but such a breach would
probably not be detected given the lack of Revenue protection by One.

--
Paul C

I don't understand what he means either!

I hope my meaning is now clear. I like it that most London public
transport journeys are reasonably fraud proof. (I ignore gate line
vaulters who are allegedly common at some stations - including Stockwell
where my partner used to work.)
--
Walter Briscoe