Old November 16th 07, 03:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.telecom,uk.railway
Andy Davidson Andy Davidson is offline

Default London Underground Ventilation Shafts

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 10:30:42 +0000, G wrote:
On Nov 14, 1:09 pm, Mizter T wrote:
Yes yes it isn't written in the 'approved' format, but thousands
(millions?) of Londoners do the same and manage just fine.

And many of them get very confused when I tell them my WC1 address and
020 3xxx xxxx number, because to them it's 'not a London number'...

This is very transient - I lived in Nottingham when domestic households
were first getting 0115-8xxxxxx numbers (where the local number had
originally started with a 9) and people got used to the new numbers very
quickly.

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:46:08 +0000, bin me wrote:
Same problem here, in leafy Surrey. Non geographic numbers might
seem good to some people, but I don't like them.

020-3 is very much geographic. :-)

--
:: Regards, Andy Davidson blog www.andyd.net
:: http://www.localphone.com/ - Call Global, Pay Local