Old November 17th 07, 10:57 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_2_] Richard J.[_2_] is offline

Default Dead end

Offramp wrote:
On Nov 14, 9:23 pm, "John Rowland"
wrote:
I found a road today (Knapp Road E3) with a standard T-shaped "No
Through Road" sign, and underneath were the words "Except Access".
Every time I try to figure out what that might mean, my head turns
into a Moebius strip.

Whose job is it to decide which signs go where? Is it a
pay-peanuts-get-monkeys job, or has the chap got some
qualification?

What happens if you do an AA route search from one end to the other?

As per the sign. A route from Knapp Road to Cantrell Road (using
postcodes to get accurate start and end points) is the straightforward
route through the gate or whatever the restriction is. But from Knapp
Road (E3 4BP) to Lockhart Street (E3 4BL), the AA takes you on a
circuitous route via Devons Road, and not the direct route via Cantrell
Road.

--
Richard J.