Old November 17th 07, 03:54 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Oyster agreement

"W14_Fishbourne" wrote in message
On Nov 17, 3:26 pm, burkey wrote:

"Hopefully now people will get the savings and service that they
deserve."

I fear that Ms Ward is mistaken if she thinks that the availability of
Oyster PAYG from Watford Junction will mean lower fares. PAYG fares
will be the same as for paper tickets from Watford Junction.

Perhaps she was taken in by the earlier spiel about Oyster always being
cheaper. I see the website now uses the expression 'generally cheaper'.
Didn't TfL catch a cold with the Advertising Standards people a year ot two
back by failing to make clear in their advertising that Oster PAYG did not
automatically ensure the lowest fares, because the availability of Oyster
doesn't actually remove the option to use (for example) a rail CDR, or at
weekends a CDR with Network Card discount? One of the recent TfL leaflets
does actually make this clear, but I'm not sure all Oyster 'bumph' is as
helpful...

Paul