Old November 17th 07, 06:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Oyster agreement

"Tim Woodall" wrote in message
e.uk...
On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 16:08:22 -0000,
Peter Masson wrote:

Presumably, if they make other journeys, such as tube onwards from
Euston,
PAYG price-capping will give them a daily fare 50p less than a ODTC from
Watford Junction.

Or possibly not. The ODTC from Watford Junction is not a ODTC from
Watford Junction but more like an all zones TC plus a (return) boundary
Z6 to WJ extension (I don't know what the situation is with the stations
between Hatch End and Watford High Street)

You've raised a very vaild point. In all these discussions people sometimes
appear to have forgotten one of the fundamental issues, that WJ is not in
the Greater London area, or the London fare (travelcard) zones. The WJ all
zone travelcard is fundamentally the same product that someone would buy
from Southampton, or Northampton, its just that the 'rail part' of the
journey is particularly short...

I expect the same might be true for High St, Bushey and Carpenders Park, but
IIRC a previous discussion indicated there were special features of the
similar 'ABCD' area to do with NR travelcards, we possibly need someone like
Barry Salter to explain it all again...

Paul S