Old November 18th 07, 03:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Woodall Tim Woodall is offline

Default London Overground from 11 Nov 2007

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 06:46:23 -0800 (PST),
MIG wrote:
On Nov 18, 2:04 pm, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:
In article
,

(MIG) wrote:
Personally, I have no desire for all my journeys to be tracked,

Don't register your Oyster card then.

Obviously, but some of the advantages mentioned, eg being able to get
a one-day travelcard online in advance, presumably depend on it being
registered (as does getting a refund when they screw up).

The ODTC in advance was a wish of mine and not available (I think)

But you can have multiple cards. If you have a registered one with auto
top-up set up but then generally use an unregistered card and always top
it up with cash then (other than possibly paying more than the cap)
you'll always be able to just jump on the tube. I once got caught out at
custom house where I had to buy a cash single because I didn't have
enough money on my card - I knew at Euston before I set off that I'd
need to put more money on it but I'd assumed there would be facilities
to top up at Custom House and so didn't want to queue at Euston.
(I was sorely tempted to travel anyway as I'd have been charged the 1.50
- or whatever it was - anyway in those days and then I could have topped
up at Euston)

Tim.

and there was light.