Old November 18th 07, 09:45 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
PRAR PRAR is offline

Default Oyster agreement

DERWENT Oyster agreement
Sun, 18 Nov 2007 18:34:58 GMT, (Neil
Williams)

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 18:04:06 +0000, PRAR wrote:

Yes, you get the same seats and tables but extra doilies.

The purpose of First Class on London commuter services is merely to
allow one to pay more for a pretty much guaranteed seat and a less
crowded atmosphere. The type of seats used is largely irrelevant.

I don't think either of these apply any more. First on Southern seems
crowded and full. There aren't the standees which I suppose could be
viewed as a bonus, but I doubt seats are guaranteed - even from
Haywards Heath or Hurst Green. AFAIKT First in the South East only
exists so that those few remaining people who have First Class travel
privileges (free season ticket/expesne account etc) have something to
spend it on. See for example C2C and Chiltern.

(The First Class seats on the WCML Desiros are less comfortable and
have less legroom than the Standard ones, IMO.)

PRAR
--
http://www.i.am/prar/ and http://prar.fotopic.net/
As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it. --Dick Cavett