Old November 21st 07, 12:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default I Thought the Buses were Wheelchair Accessible...

Offramp typed

On Nov 20, 9:52 pm, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:
Sunday was COLD and very wet.

After waiting over 10 minutes at a bus stop close to home, the 302
driver (Metroline) tells me there is no ramp on the bus.

I can only speak about a bus route near to me, the 152.
About 5 years ago this was called a wheelchair-friendly route; in fact
there were two buses out of about 10 that had 'the ramp'.
In general people were unlucky in catching those elusive wheelchair-
friendly buses, but they were there!
It was a bit snidey at the time, but I think nearly all the 152 buses
are WF now.

According to TfL's website, ALL buses are now supposed to be wheelchair
accessible, apart from the 'heritage' Routemasters...

....unless I misread the website.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.