Old November 21st 07, 06:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mwmbwls Mwmbwls is offline

Default Shepherd's Bush WLL

On Nov 20, 12:47 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

This is from the Nov 9th edition of Rail Manager online:

"Ian Brown believes full rectification of the problem is unlikely.

Who is Mr Brown
There was some lack of communication between the developers and Network Rail - you could say liaison was less than optimum

So is this an "Albert and the Lion Case" where no one is really to
blame or has someone got to be summonsed.
The issue is what happens if a
six-car train needs to be evacuated there in the future. I don't think we
can widen the platform, but we can move the lamp posts out of the way, and
we may apply for a derogation from the relevant Railway Group Standard so
that the station can open soon, for shorter trains at least."

Surely the issue is how to evacuate the platform based on the number
of passengers using the Shopping Centre and hence the station - short
trains unless plentiful will surely make crowding on the platform
worse. And if there are more short trains how will the freight traffic
using the WLL fit in? As for a derogation - listen - isn't that
gurgling sound I hear the sound of the HSE choking over their
collective Cornflakes. Whoever is responsible for this - either singly
or jointly should be made to pay up for putting it right. If nothing
else, it will as Voltaire put it act "pour encourager les autres"