Old November 21st 07, 08:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default I Thought the Buses were Wheelchair Accessible... but pram pushers may not

Some pram-pushers are aggressively territorial :-(
We've had trouble getting through the bus, wheelchair folded, when the
aisle is blocked by a buggy-pusher. Quite often, it's difficult to
assert our needs without 'offending ethnicity'.

Few will/can fold their all-terrain buggies (though I can understand
those who don't wish to wake a sleeping babe) especially when encumbered
with loads of shopping.

My wheelchair folds flat quickly and I can transfer to an ordinary seat.
However, I weigh *much* more than a small child, so lifting into a bus
is very different to boarding with a buggy.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.