Old November 21st 07, 09:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default London Underground Public Toilets

This was prompted by my response to Paul Corfield on Walthamstow
Central. I thought it better to start another thread.

I have a paper copy of "Getting around London Your guide to
accessibility" which can also be found at
www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/Getting_around_London.pdf. It does not
seem to have been mentioned before at utl.

I have not found the following applies: "Almost all toilets are kept
locked, so if you need to use the toilet please ask a member of staff."
I see that Bank shows there as having toilets - they are outside the
gate line by exit 3 and supplied by the City of London. Islington, at
Old Street, provides similar facilities which are not described. I feel
a feedback coming on.
A survey of Baker Street's male toilets - at eastbound Circle and H&C
platform 5 - threatens a 0.20GBP charge to pay for an attendant. Female
toilets - outside gate line in main ticket hall which exits to
Marylebone Road - do not seem to be so threatened.
--
Walter Briscoe