Old November 21st 07, 11:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default London Overground line names

wrote in message
On Nov 21, 11:42 am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Just because it was straightforward to divide 'Silverlink' into two
discreet
parts, given that the operations were totally separate, I reckon Southern
is
on a different scale of problems entirely...

I'm not sure it is, actually. Isn't there a fairly clean split between
the metro services and the south coast ones? It does mean that a
couple of Greater London stations would fall outside TfL control -
Coulsdon South, for example - but it otherwise looks comparatively
straightforward. Something like C2C, which doesn't have a metro
service to speak of, looks far more vexing.

This is of course entirely theoretical at this point.

Sure - but it doesn't make any sense for Ken to state publicly that he's
going to put in a bid for the entire Southern Franchise next year either...

Paul