Old November 21st 07, 11:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] unrealpolitik@gmail.com is offline

Default London Overground line names

On Nov 21, 12:06 pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
wrote in message

Sure - but it doesn't make any sense for Ken to state publicly that he's
going to put in a bid for the entire Southern Franchise next year either...

Hmmm.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle2903879.ece

What the article says includes...

"Ken Livingstone, the Mayor of London, is preparing to submit a bid
next year to take over most of Southern, one of the biggest train
franchises, from 2009.

"Speaking to The Times, Mr Livingstone said: "I am optimistic that TfL
will end up controlling all the franchises in Greater London. We want
to get the same standards we are introducing on London Overground on
all services and I am confident of getting a sympathetic hearing from
the Government.""

....which to me suggests a similar split to Silverlink. I've been
assuming he's after the lines to Epsom, Caterham etc rather than the
ones to Brighton.

Jonn