Old November 21st 07, 09:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default I Thought the Buses were Wheelchair Accessible...

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 11:59:02 -0800 (PST), JL
wrote:

An elderly man at my local stop carries a screwdriver with him which
he offers to the driver each time to felicitate with folding over the
ramp. The drivers seem to be alot more friendly to him than the other
wheelchair users I see

Are you in London though? Ramps on London buses are nearly always at
the centre doors [1] and are powered. I can't think of one instance
where I've seen manual ramp deployment in London - it's often the norm
outside of London where single door buses predominate (even with double
decks).

[1] the stunningly obvious exception being smaller buses with single
doors at the front.
--
Paul C