Old November 21st 07, 09:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Walthamstow Central

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 00:08:30 +0000, Dave Newt
wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:

Nice to see it almost finished - just the lift to go.

Shame it never opened while I still lived there but at least it's done! :-)

Well almost done. I took a longer look this evening. Most oddly the
gateline has two manual gates - one at each end of the array. The one
nearest the office is wide but also quite low. It's only a matter of
time before people decide to step over it :-(

My suspicion about a mini lift at the ticket office end of the subway
was correct. This is behind a small hoarding so it will be possible to
achieve reasonable access, if you can use an escalator, from platform
level to the bus station. Nothing has been provided in terms of lifts
from ticket hall to LU platforms or from ticket hall to NR platforms. I
imagine the latter will have to wait for the possible Network Rail
redevelopment scheme and goodness knows if LU plans to put a lift down
to the Vic Line platforms. I suspect the internal layout of the station
makes that rather a difficult task.

--
Paul C