Old November 21st 07, 09:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham Harrison Graham Harrison is offline

Default Nice announcement

"Graculus" wrote in message
"Graham Harrison" wrote
in message ...

"elyob" wrote in message
On the train out of Waterloo last night, an announcement came over the
tannoy :

"Ladies and Gentlemen, it has been brought to my attention that there
is a beggar on board the train. This is the Guard. If he approaches
you for money, please do not give any. Thankyou."

I got a more generic along the lines "Beggars sometimes operate on this
train, please don't give them money" on SWT earlier this week.

Oh no! Was that a recorded announcement? SWT already play way too many of
them on every journey, I don't want any more.

Yes, recorded.

The whole announcement thing is getting a bit silly. Not only on the
trains but on the platforms. But what irritates me almost more than the
number of the announcments is how (1) the train and platform announcements
don't co-ordinate and (2) when things aren't working properly (late running
and particularly out of order running) the systems don't cope.