Old November 22nd 07, 01:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Nice announcement

" )
gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

My favourite, from many years ago (late 80s or early 90s) was.

"We apologize for the delay to this service. This is due to a train on
the track"

I've had very similar - "We apologise for the delay to this train. I've
been told by control that this is due to trains on the line in the
vicinity of Baker St Station".

Personal favourite? I reckon they'd had it ready, just _crying_ out for
an excuse... "There are delays on Hammersmith & City and District
services. This is due to a dog on the Barking line."