Old November 22nd 07, 05:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Dulieu Steve Dulieu is offline

Default I Thought the Buses were Wheelchair Accessible... but pram pushers may not

"Ernst S Blofeld" wrote in message
While it is true that 'mothers and prams' were not provided for in the
past, we seem to have come to the opposite extreme where the space offered
to them now (with the disabled priority proviso) is seen as an inalienable
right to be constantly exploited to the full. What passes for a 'pram' or
'buggy' these days is nothing short of a mini, all-terrain vehicle with a
wide wheelbase and armour plating, capable of carrying at least two
children, their toys du jour, the week's shopping and a couple of spare
car batteries. More often than not, they are fully loaded, batteries et
al. ready for all eventualities like a change of nappy or a thermonuclear
war.

I believe that the correct term for such vehicles is "Pavement Panzer"...
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change jealous to sad to reply.