Old November 22nd 07, 05:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Dulieu Steve Dulieu is offline

Default I Thought the Buses were Wheelchair Accessible... but pram pushers may not

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 04:04:55 +0000, Ernst S Blofeld
wrote:

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
I sat in the chair waiting for the bus. When it came, the driver did not
offer use of the ramp and my partner struggled to push me through the
front doors.

That behaviour is not acceptable. Provision of working ramps is, I
believe, a contractual condition for all London bus routes. I would
strongly suggest you complain to London Buses Customer Services centre.

Interestingly, my brother recently spent 8 months as a bus driver, working
for Arriva out of Enfield garage. We were speaking about this the other day
(following me seeing a wheelchair user not be able to get on two consecutive
123s at TPL due to dud ramps) and he said that although what you say is
perfectly correct, he was routinely "encouraged" by his manager to take a
bus with a defective ramp into service.
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change jealous to sad to reply.