Old November 22nd 07, 07:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default I Thought the Buses were Wheelchair Accessible... but pram pushersmay not

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 11:29:33 +0000, "R.C. Payne"
wrote:

Restricting boarding to the front doors only is the standard mode of
operation in all places I have visited in the US and Canada.

I didn't mean that, I meant the practice throughout the UK (other than
London) of having only one door, it being used for both boarding and
alighting. It is a stupid practice that I don't think I've seen
anywhere outside the UK. Even German minibuses have two sets of
doors.

Neil

--
Neil Williams