Old November 22nd 07, 09:17 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london,uk.transport.air
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Lies, Damned Lies, Statistics and Claims by Spanish-owned BAA

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 22:35:13 +0100, "tim \(not at home\)"
wrote:

ISTM that BAA should be told that, if it wishes to recind the evidence that
it gave to the inquiry, the T5 permission will be withdrawn and the building
must be knocked down. But ufortunately it doesn't work like that.

That seems rather silly.

What I would like to see, though, is for LHR to be restricted to the
number of passengers/flights for which it was designed. Regional
airports, Gatwick, Stansted and Luton can then take up the slack. It
doesn't have to be LHR.

One option worth considering might be to remove all short-haul from
LHR, though connecting passengers won't like that.

Neil

--
Neil Williams