Old November 23rd 07, 06:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Rich Martin Rich is offline

Default I Thought the Buses were Wheelchair Accessible... but pram-pushers may not

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007 15:00:46 +0000, Ernst S Blofeld
wrote:

You have demonstrated my point. In having been furnished with lower
floors and wider aisles (even if only as a side-effect of disabled
provision), the child minder no longer contemplates folding in advance
even when they have the time and space to do so. Previously it was a
necessity but now it is largely an optional act of consideration for
others that is rarely exercised.

Up to a point I agree with you , but I don't buy the idea that this is
symptomatic of some broader decline. In most circumstances now, it's
a perfectly rational decision for people with push-chairs not to fold
them when they get onto buses. An unintended consequence of this is
that people sometimes need to fold push-chairs in a hurry.

Martin