Old November 23rd 07, 06:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Dulieu Steve Dulieu is offline

Default LT lies

"Boltar" wrote in message
On Nov 22, 10:35 pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
I don't know why you leap to the conclusion that someone lied. I can't
begin to understand why a member of staff making a public announcement
would do that.

I doubt staff lie deliberately but I've been in a number of situations
where they've given blatantly wrong information. My most recent
experience was a driver who told us the line was suspended and the
train was terminating at its current station. 5 minutes later after no
station announcements the train headed off again with a new driver.
Now either the signalman was full of it that day or the driver just
wanted to knock off early and needed an excuse to give us pax.

Or the line actually was suspended, the driver was due for relief and whilst
the relief was being effected whatever had caused the suspension cleared and
the train therefore continued to it's booked destination. Out of interest
where and on what date did this occur? I'll try to find out what happened
for you.
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change jealous to sad to reply.