Old November 23rd 07, 08:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default LT Museum Reopens

Mark Brader wrote:
Tom Anderson writes:
But do they take Oyster?

You may think you're joking, but at the New York Transit Museum --
possibly back when it was called the Transit Exhibit -- they used to
take subway tokens for admission.

The DB museum in Nuremberg took InterRail when I went in 2003, as do/did
a few other railway museums.

Being born in September, it used to annoy me when I had to pay full
price for various museums and things in my last year of compulsory
education, while friends from the same class got in cheap. It also used
to seem a bit odd that sixth-formers generally paid full price for
things, but university students didn't (my school tried to con people
into paying for a student ID card, which a close approximation to
absolutely nowhere accepted because it wasn't NUS).
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK