Old November 24th 07, 09:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default I Thought the Buses were Wheelchair Accessible...

Paul G typed

In message , Helen Deborah
Vecht writes
In the dark and p***ing rain, sitting in a chair facing traffic at 8pm
on a Sunday night, there are few buses and it's normal to want to stay
within sight of the driver. He could see I was in the chair.

Many people wait by the bus stop and don't necessarily want that
particular bus. Sometimes one does need to ask (even) for the obvious.
What's obvious to one isn't always obvious to another.

Two of us, (one in a wheelchair, one out) waving arms (with reflective
piping on all sleeves) at the only bus approaching a bus stop isn't
obvious to the driver? How else should we attract attention?

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.